Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Memories: I Could Never Do Enough As A Jehovah’s Witness.

Source : thejehovahswitnesses.com/

I remember the first time as a kid I comprehended that I could never do enough for Jehovah.

A Circuit Overseer was giving a talk and said,:

Sunday is meeting, and since you’re dressed up you might as well do some field service after the meeting.”

Monday you should spend an hour or so in the evening preparing for the book study on Tuesday.”

Tuesday is book study.”

Wednesday should be time for your family study, personal study, or preparation for all three. Or perhaps preparation for a part on the school if you have one.”

Thursday is Service Meeting and TMS.”

Friday you should be preparing for Saturday field service.”

Saturday is field service. And there are always things that can be done around the hall.”

The bottom line is brothers - if we are ever feeling ‘comfortable’ in Jehovah’s service we probably aren’t doing enough.”

I also remember the sinking feeling in my gut. I was probably 10 or 11 when that thought was ingrained into me. I even regurgitated it from the platform as an MS when I was older. Ugh.

Little did I know at the time that was one of the hallmark traits of cults - keeping people too busy to question.

No comments: